August 16, 2013
Hey there! It’s Friday once again and after another full week, I’m excited to be heading South of the border for some vintage treasure hunting with a couple of my Spruce girls, Elisa + Jessica. We’ve got some BIG plans for the shop (that I can’t wait to share…hang in there!) and, to prepare for the bustling months ahead, I’ve been busy ordering new stock for Fall and, gulp, The Holidays. I know, I know, forgive me for uttering those words but in the retail world, the holiday season is just around the corner. Here are some fantastic products that caught my eye this week:
1. Brand new Cartolina iPhone 4+5 cases, including this nautical beauty, should be arriving at Spruce Collective today! I wish I could be there to open the package (one of my fave parts of the job!) but you can see more of Fiona’s beautiful designs over at her bright + shiny new website (click here):
2. This duck-footed mirror is killing me…so awesome! There’s no source attached on the Style at Home link but this mirror from Rejuvenation looks like it could be the same one. What do you think about this gilded number? Too cute or too much? The bathroom renovation is pretty impressive too:
Style at Home. Photo by Virginia MacDonald.
3. I’m such a sucker for inspirational prints like this one by Nan Lawson. And yes, I was one of those girls with endless Radiohead lyrics doodled all over her binder in high school! I may or may not still jot down my favourite tunes:
4. Vintage botanical prints are pretty high up there on my ultimate score list but I’d be just as thrilled to hang one of these art prints by Vol.25 on my wall. Isn’t this one featuring minerals + gems gorgeous? Be sure to check out her Etsy shop (click here)…I found it next to impossible to pick a favourite!
5. Dahlhaus ceramics have been a long-time favourite of mine and I finally got to meet artist Heather Dahl when she popped into Spruce a couple of weeks ago. Just as sweet as I thought she’d be and I can’t wait to restock more of her lovely pieces, including these graphic vases, very soon:
Well, off I go to meet the girls for a quick Starbucks run before we caravan our 3 vehicles down to Snohomish, WA. You can follow our journeys and treasure hunting over on my Instagram feed and I’ll be sure to share some tidbits here on the blog next week. Wish us luck…I’m hopeful they’ll each be filled to the brim before we make our way home on Saturday night! Have a wonderful weekend 🙂
ps. I just added these tunes to my road trip playlist…enjoy!