September 13, 2013
How did the past week treat you? Mine started out a bit frenzied with all of the school back-and-forth but eased up a little by the end, just in time for me to come down with a head cold. Go figure. I’m hoping it will disappear in time for the weekend because summer has returned in full force and we’re hoping to hit the beach at some point…fingers crossed! Before I pour myself another cup of tea, I thought I’d share some link love from the week:
1. This family home was once a greenhouse! Check out the conversion, it’s pretty fantastic, as is the rug in the front entry:
2. Came across this amazing kitchen reno on Pinterest and, lo and behold, it’s the home of another Abbotsford blogger, Elissa Toews…small world! Her husband built and installed the entire kitchen from scratch too, be sure to check it out:
3. I’ve been eating really well and working out all week (I think my muscles are in shock, so sore!) so I think I might just have to reward myself with a cocktail like this (or maybe two) over the weekend:
4. Brad’s been making some major headway down in our basement and will be framing in our new TV room on Saturday. I cannot wait to finally conquer some major storage issues and overflowing closets on our main floor…does anyone else get excited by thought of shelves that look like this?
5. I know that I featured a pic earlier this week but I cannot get enough of the new studio over at Oh Joy, designed by Emily Henderson. Colour, art, layers and pattern galore, not to mention some fabulous DIY touches:
What are your plans for the weekend? Hopefully you’ll be soaking up some sunshine at some point. I have a feeling I may end up sipping lemon + honey rather than cocktails, fingers crossed I can shake this thing in time for happy hour. Cheers to Friday!