April 11, 2014
This week has left me more than a little brain fried. Finishing up tax season for both the shop (ouch!) and our personal taxes while sorting out mortgage details for our new townhouse have left my head spinning with numbers and I can’t wait for the weekend ahead. The sun is supposed to shine and temperatures will be warm, the perfect time to hang with friends and BBQ tomorrow and then we’ll be celebrating Gabe’s 11th birthday with family on Sunday. Eleven. How do I have an almost teenager? Jeepers, time flies! I haven’t had much time to scour my have blogs recently but here are a few links I’ve loved this week:
1. The Pender Island home is beyond breathtaking, as are the views and trees surrounding it. One day I’ll live by the sea:
2. Loving this DIY galaxy wall for a small bathroom. Might have to try something similar in our new townhouse’s powder room:
DIY Galaxy Wall by A Beautiful Mess
3. Eva Juliet‘s family trees are so beautiful. The perfect gift for Mother’s Day, don’t you think?
4. I love me some quirky art and this entire home is filled with it along with plenty of other bright, unexpected touches:
The Design Files. Photo by Eve Wilson.
5. You know those recipe photos that instantly make your tummy growl? Yeah, this was one of them:
Coconut Chess Pie recipe by Crazy for Crust
I made a little mixed tape for a few of the friends we’ll see this weekend to kick off the start of BBQ season. Here are a few of my favourite tunes this week. Have a great weekend, hope it includes plenty of sunshine, fun and a cold drink or two!