Category — Seasonal Decor
Happy Valentine’s Day! Love is in the air, as is the smell of fresh cupcakes, chocolate treats + cinnamon hearts! How will you be spending the day? I’m off to a breakfast brunch for a dear friend, then to work before picking up my sugar-filled kiddos. We don’t usually go out on V-day evening but will likely order in and snuggle up for a movie or two. Some love-inspired goodies that caught my eye this week:
1. These giant Valentine’s posters are simply awesome! 5 great printables to choose from over at Oh Happy Day:
2. This Etsy shop, North West Mid West, has some adorable finds, like these birch arrows and much more:
3. These leather pouches are pretty darling, aren’t they?:
5. Everything feels more festive with banners and bunting, doesn’t it?:
Off I go to kick off the day with mimosas and French Toast with some girlfriends, shouldn’t every Friday start that way? Hope your weekend is full of love, friendship and only good things :)
February 14, 2014 2 Comments
Hello there! I hope that you’ve been enjoying the holidays as much as I have! It’s been one party/gathering/cocktail/cheese cube after the other but with plenty of R&R in between so overall its been really great. We’re having a small group of friends come over (somewhat last minute but that’s how we roll!) to ring in the New Year tonight so I’ll have to rustle up some appies this afternoon before cracking open the bubbly. Do you have big plans? Here’s some sparkling inspiration to get the party started:
I’m taking the rest of the week off but couldn’t say goodbye to 2013 without wishing you all a very Happy New Year! See you in 2014, I have a feeling it’s going to be a BIG year! Cheers :)
December 31, 2013 1 Comment
I’m going to sign off for the Holidays but not without wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! We’ve got another packed weekend ahead of us starting with our Spruce partners/spouses party (our first, can you believe it!?), our annual progressive dinner with friends and their kiddos (my favourite tradition!) and our men’s shopping day at the shop (um, what man wouldn’t want to shop when there are fresh pretzels, beer tastings, hot shaves and friendly gals waiting to wrap gifts for you!). Not to mention my own party prep and still-not-started gift wrapping. So yes, I just might sleep through Christmas :)
I’m really looking forward to a few days off filled with baking and cuddles with the kids and then the Christmas circuit with each of our families. Hurray for Christmas! Here are 5 links to love this week and just a smattering of my favourite Holiday tunes:
- Miracles really do happen, I’ve seen them! Let’s all spread a little extra love this Season.
- I’ll be making this Caprese tart tomorrow night.
- These printable gift tags are perfect. Adding printer ink to my shopping list!
- So many pretty wrapping ideas here.
- Nothing to do with Christmas but this blog post about the mom/work/life juggle rocks!
Wishing you all the happiest of Holidays full of family, friends + lots of good cheer and I’ll be sure to check in before we start the New Year. Merry Christmas!
December 20, 2013 1 Comment
Well, I made it through the weekend (just barely!) and I’m really happy that Monday is here. The shop has been bustling with Holiday shoppers (yay!) so I’ll be focussing a lot of my energy there before the kiddos are home on Christmas break next week. I’ve managed to tackle most of the presents on my list but I always save the wrapping until the end, just to be sure I haven’t missed anything. I’m usually up far too late on Christmas Eve powering through the last of it but, this year, I plan on giving myself much more time. Even the simplest gift feels extra special when it’s wrapped up pretty, don’t you think? And speaking of simple, I’m a big fan of plain kraft paper mixed in with bright patterned wrapping and fun embellishments. Here are some festive examples, right up my alley:
Do you wrap as you go or leave the giant task right until the end, like me? Luckily, I really enjoy wrapping gifts and adding personal touches. Isn’t the nautical rope know above divine? I wouldn’t even want to open a present that lovely! Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)
December 16, 2013 2 Comments
The past several weeks have been insanely hectic (to say the least) and although it’s Friday and I’ve got a fun weekend ahead (it’s our last weekend of The Urban Market and we’re headed to an Ugly Sweater Party on Saturday night), I must admit that I’m really (like, really) looking forward to Monday. Not like there’s anything exceptionally special about Monday, there’s just nothing on my calendar for Monday! Odds are good that it will end up being just as busy as any other day but sometimes you’ve just got to have a visual goal in mind to make it through the busy bits, right? Works for me ;) We’re officially halfway to Christmas Day and here are 5 festive faves that caught my eye this week:
1. Loving this Scandinavian table, especially the sheepskin chair covers:
2. This DIY marquee lighting pretty much sums up all things Merry & Bright:
3. I’m super envious of anyone blessed with beautiful hand lettering skills (ahem, yes I’m talking to you Jessica!) and Lindsay Letters has some fabulous prints for the Holidays and beyond. (But seriously, I’m pretty sure it was supposed to be my great talent, I just got missed somehow)
4. There’s no excuse for wobbly card tables over the Holidays, not after seeing this adorable kids table:
5. I have no idea when I’m going to get any Christmas baking done (maybe when the kids are out of school?) but these Peppermint Chocolate Crackles look pretty darn delicious:
Peppermint Chocolate Crackles by Say Yes to Hoboken
Ok, off I go to run the kiddos to school and get things set up for The Urban Market but have yourself a wonderful weekend and I’ll be back to chat on Monday (ah, glorious Monday ;)! Cheers!
December 13, 2013 2 Comments