Category — Seasonal Decor
Along with some other fantastic partners, some of our rental pieces from were invited to take part in this year’s KINFOLK dinner in Vancouver a few weeks ago and it came together to be a truly beautiful evening in every way. This year’s event was an intimate gathering and dinner at Union Wood Co.?s new warehouse and was based around the theme A Messy Meal: Embracing Wabi-Sabi in the Everyday. One of my partners, Elisa, and our store manager, Breanne, attended the dinner and had an amazing experience, sampling chef Juno Kim‘s seasonal and local multi-course meal and meeting new friends in Union Wood Co.’s cool new space. Have you ever been to a long table dinner? It’s remarkable how many real connections can be made when we step out of our comfort zones and break bread with strangers, isn’t it? Britney Gill captured the event perfectly and I wanted to share just a few of my favourite pics. You can see many more over on Britney‘s blog as well as Spruce Collective. Our reclaimed wood benches and enamel pitchers looked right at home at the long table gathering, don’t you think?
All photos by Britney Gill
All photos by Britney Gill
All photos by Britney Gill
Britney Gill Photography | Union Wood Co. | Niche Wine Co. | Victory Gardens | Piccolo Design Co. | Pallet Coffee Roasters | Postmark Brewing | Juno Kim Catering | Tantalus | Earnest Ice Cream | Written Word Calligraphy | Greenstems | Woodlot | Dahlhaus | Vintage Rentals by Spruce Collective
Collaborations are a beautiful thing, aren’t they? Have a fabulous Monday!
October 27, 2014 3 Comments
I’m late posting today but so it goes sometimes :) The weekend is officially here and although our sunshine is apparently going to disappear for a little while (boo!), I’ve got some bright inspiration and link love to share with you today:
1. Loving the combination of vintage and modern in this colourful vignette, not to mention that beautiful painting :Photo by Eve Wilson | Produced by Lucy Feagins / The Design Files.
2. Laundry is my least favourite chore but how fun is this cheerful utility room? Check out the DIY vinyl tile flooring tutorial over at A Beautiful Mess:DIY vinyl tile floors by A Beautiful Mess
3. Nothing says “party” like a good garland and these giant paper beads are pretty darn great…I don’t think I’d ever take them down actually :DIY Giant Paper “Bead” Garland by Oh Happy Day
4. I love a good colour punch in an otherwise neutral space and these bold yellow chairs are no exception…they remind me of a modern take on old Sunday school chairs, no? :Gus Modern via Design Milk
5. It’s happy hour somewhere, right? This trio of summery cocktails look too yummy not to try and I’m intrigued by the watermelon jalapeño comination:3 Fresh Holiday Cocktails by Design Love Fest
We don’t have many plans this weekend but will be hanging with some friends and hitting the beach (if the rain stays away) before bringing Gabe to camp on Sunday. What about you, any exciting getaways in your cards? Happy weekend!
July 4, 2014 0 Comments
Happy July to you! The sun is shining and it officially feels like summer here on the West Coast, hooray! I’ve been laying low the past couple of weeks while recovering from a surgery and I must admit it’s been a lot harder being home and doing nothing than I thought it would be! I’ve read a couple of books as well as 3 months worth of magazine subscriptions, have caught up on all my favourite Netflix series’ and streamed several others but my brain is feeling slightly numb from an over-indulgence in entertainment news and a serious Instagram addiction. Brad took time off work to help me out (thank goodness) and he’s not one to sit still so got a great start on open shelves in our living room and backyard landscaping but it’s been pretty frustrating to just sit back and watch! I’m resting lots and feeling more mobile every day and although I’ll still be taking it easy for at least a few more weeks, I’ll hopefully start phasing in a day or two very soon. Have any of you ever been physically forced to come to a full “stop” in life? It’s been very good for me in a lot of ways and I definitely have a renewed appreciation (not to mention a very grateful heart) for good health. I have had plenty of time to browse for decorating inspiration for our new house and I can’t wait to bring in some potted plants and florals, especially now that my get-well bouquets are starting to fade. They bring so much life to a room, don’t you think? Here are some great floral looks, perfect for summer or all year round:Artist Laura Jones’ studio | Photo by Rachel Kara for The Design Files. Gostco Design & Lifestyle via Vtwonen Photo by Helen Norman for Country Living DIY hanging shelf | Vtwonen via Poppytalk Photo by Idha Lindhag via SF Girl by Bay
Pretty, right? I’m off now (slowly!) to meet up with my Spruce partners for our weekly meeting (which never feel like work, by the way!) before a couple of good friends come over for a quiet girls night tonight, can’t wait! Being home so long with the family has been great but I’m definitely ready to shake off this cabin-fever and get back into the social swing of things! Hope you’re having a great week so far and I’ll be back to chat on Friday :)
July 2, 2014 2 Comments
Happy Wednesday! I’m sharing some link love early this week as I’m heading in for surgery first thing tomorrow morning and imagine I’ll be pretty groggy for the next few days. It will be very strange to be out of commission and in recovery for the next couple of weeks but it will also give me time to finally plan our Summer holidays and I’ll have a chance to catch up on Game of Thrones and Orange is the New Black! Not to sure when I’ll feel up to blogging but here are some links that have inspired me this week:
1. This photo simply feels like summer to me, as does much of Joanna Henderson beautiful photography:
2. My recipe “file” is a complete mess and it’s high time copy my favourite dishes onto pretty cards like these… they’re free to download here!
3. I’m so in love with the photos that Mikaela Ruth Photography snapped of our extended Spruce family last week and you can see more here on our shop blog, if you’re curious about more of the story behind Spruce Collective:
4. Emma’s new baskets are a genius idea for storage…now to find fishing baskets from Madagascar for my own home!
5. Are you following Cartolina stationery designer Fiona Richards (fionacartolina) or her husband Doug Jones (riderjones) on Instagram? If not, start now because they’re in the midst of an absolutely incredible renovation of their first retail store in Nelson, BC, transforming a dingy Chinese restaurant into a heritage dream of a storefront…the before pics are mind-blowing! I cannot wait to visit later this Summer when we make the trek out to Brad’s family cabin in the Kootneys…road trip!
Cartolina retail, opening July 2014
That’s all for now! Wish me luck (and hopefully a speedy recovery!) and I’ll be back to chat very soon :) xo
June 18, 2014 1 Comment
Happy Valentine’s Day! Love is in the air, as is the smell of fresh cupcakes, chocolate treats + cinnamon hearts! How will you be spending the day? I’m off to a breakfast brunch for a dear friend, then to work before picking up my sugar-filled kiddos. We don’t usually go out on V-day evening but will likely order in and snuggle up for a movie or two. Some love-inspired goodies that caught my eye this week:
1. These giant Valentine’s posters are simply awesome! 5 great printables to choose from over at Oh Happy Day:
2. This Etsy shop, North West Mid West, has some adorable finds, like these birch arrows and much more:
3. These leather pouches are pretty darling, aren’t they?:
5. Everything feels more festive with banners and bunting, doesn’t it?:
Off I go to kick off the day with mimosas and French Toast with some girlfriends, shouldn’t every Friday start that way? Hope your weekend is full of love, friendship and only good things :)
February 14, 2014 2 Comments