Category — Home Decor
Hello again! I’m back, just in time for the weekend…perfect timing ;) We had an awesome time away at our friends’ island cabin last weekend but it’s been back to real life/work/kids this week. Coming back from holidays is always a bit of a downer, right? It’s been raining too, which hasn’t helped, but there’s sunshine in the forecast and I’m hoping to sit lakeside/riverside/poolside somewhere (anywhere!) with the kiddos over the next few days. I’d also like to finally unpack the last of our moving boxes because our empty walls are starting to feel a little scary. Not sure what my deal is this time ’round (seriously, it’s been over 2 months since we moved in!) but it’s high time I break out of my decorating slump and get this show on the road! These impressive makeovers did help me feel some motivation this week:
1. Jordan’s dining room makeover makes a solid argument for painting out wood, beautiful though it may be:Dining Room Makeover | Oh Happy Day | Photo by Paul Ferney
2. I love everything about this black + white bathroom renovation, especially the floors:29th Ave Bathroom Makeover | Capree Kimball via Poppytalk
3. This desert patio space is simply made for entertaining:Patio Makeover | A House in the Hills
5. My Instagram feed was full of this incredible space, Lombardi House, last night. It’s a new event venue in Hollywood (naturally)…so amazing!Lombardi House
5. Dana’s mudroom turned dining/laundry/everything room is the perfect combination of form meets function for busy family living:Mudroom Makeover | House Tweaking
Any projects or home renos in your future? Or are you putting them off like I am? Summer’s a tough one…sometimes it’s just easier to pour another cocktail than it is to hang a picture, just sayin’! Cheers to the weekend :)
July 25, 2014 1 Comment
Man, this week went fast…anyone else feel the same? After being out of commission for the past several weeks, I’ve been so happy to be feeling better that I packed a tonne into the last few days, maybe even a bit too much judging by how late the kiddos have been sleeping in! Our weather has just been so awesome that it felt like a shame to miss out on being outdoors for even a moment! My girls were in gymnastics camp each afternoon too (fun for them but a lot of extra running around for me) and I’m looking forward to unplugging and enjoying some downtime this weekend. We’re heading off to our friends’ cabin on Lasqueti Island and cannot wait! It’s rustic and off the grid but there’s nothing like being by the ocean to recharge, agreed? Before we head for the ferry, here are some links I’ve loved this week:
1. I’ve always been a sucker for anything indigo (my collection of mismatched blue and white china is a little out of hand) and these DIY placemats by Lovely Indeed would look right at home on my dining table:DIY Indigo Shibori Dyed Placemats | Lovely Indeed Manhattan Nest | Rifle Paper Co. Pineapple Wallpaper
3. How awesome is this DIY Modern Cooler makeover by Almost Makes Perfect? I feel like I should make one of these for every beach-loving friend I know:DIY Modern Cooler | Almost Makes Perfect
4. We’ve had the same pine sleigh bed since we got married 13 years ago and I am so over it. I don’t want to pay a tonne on a new bed frame and haven’t found any new and exciting DIY headboard ideas but this bed frame project by Apartment Therapy looks simple, quick and super cheap to do…just my style! :DIY Upholstered Bed Frame | Apartment Therapy
5. I spotted this adorable home tour over on A Beautiful Mess and after the busy week I’ve had, can totally picture curling up under this amazing quilt:Home of Elizabeth Morrow | A Beautiful Mess
We’re heading out first thing tomorrow for a few days of swimming in the sea and campfire cookouts so I’ll be back to chat sometime middle of next week. Cheers!
July 18, 2014 4 Comments
The Summer heat finally kicked in and I’m loving it! I’m still taking things pretty easy after my surgery a few weeks ago but I’m feeling much more like myself and I cannot wait to get back to my usual activities, work and family fun. This “relaxing” business has been far more difficult than I thought it would be and I’m eager to get on with things, including finally decorating our new house. West Elm sent me a press kit for some of their new arrivals and I’m really loving the retro-meets-global vibe they’ve got going on for Fall, with price points for every budget too! Here are some pieces that I would be more than happy to bring home:West Elm | Mid Century Glass Pendant West Elm | Ladder Bookshelf West Elm | Ainslie Sofa West Elm | Mini Smeg Fridge (arriving Fall 2014) West Elm | Hand Blocked Stepped Diamond Pillow Cover West Elm | Arriving Fall 2014
I’m crushing hard on all of these new finds (especially that pendant light…I kind of need it!) and how cute is that mini Smeg fridge?! Pretty sure I’d let Brad have 3 beer fridges if they all looked like that ;) Hope you’re keeping cool, enjoy your Wednesday!
July 9, 2014 1 Comment
It’s no secret that green is my favourite colour but when it comes to saying which shade or tint of the hue is the peak of perfection, I’d be hard pressed to decide! While I love a good emerald or leafy green, the colours of the sea may be the ones that call to me most but there are so many variations (not to mention colour combinations) that I could never settle on just one. The best part about green is that it honestly goes with just about any decorating scheme. Don’t believe me? Nature is always the ultimate colour guide and green never looks out of place…Kinfolk Dinner | A Daily Something Photo by Tia Borgsmidt | Styling by Mette Helena Rasmussen | via Nordic Design Photo by Amanda Prior | Styling by Jessica Hanson | Inside Out Magazine via Poppytalk
How awesome is that Choose Your Own Adventure print? I hunted it down and it’s available here, along with some other awesome artwork and home decor…great site! Anyone remember reading those books? I loved them and think this quote (which just happens to be one of Brad’s favourites…he’s got a lot of one-liners ;) is a good reminder that we’re all capable of changing the course of our lives, one decision at a time. Here’s another amazing print from Blacklist:Don’t Give up the Ship print by Blacklist Honeydew Basil Spritzer | A House in the Hills
Mm, that cocktail looks refreshing doesn’t it? Mondays should always require an early happy hour start time, just saying ;) Cheers to a good week ahead!
July 7, 2014 2 Comments
I’m late posting today but so it goes sometimes :) The weekend is officially here and although our sunshine is apparently going to disappear for a little while (boo!), I’ve got some bright inspiration and link love to share with you today:
1. Loving the combination of vintage and modern in this colourful vignette, not to mention that beautiful painting :Photo by Eve Wilson | Produced by Lucy Feagins / The Design Files.
2. Laundry is my least favourite chore but how fun is this cheerful utility room? Check out the DIY vinyl tile flooring tutorial over at A Beautiful Mess:DIY vinyl tile floors by A Beautiful Mess
3. Nothing says “party” like a good garland and these giant paper beads are pretty darn great…I don’t think I’d ever take them down actually :DIY Giant Paper “Bead” Garland by Oh Happy Day
4. I love a good colour punch in an otherwise neutral space and these bold yellow chairs are no exception…they remind me of a modern take on old Sunday school chairs, no? :Gus Modern via Design Milk
5. It’s happy hour somewhere, right? This trio of summery cocktails look too yummy not to try and I’m intrigued by the watermelon jalapeño comination:3 Fresh Holiday Cocktails by Design Love Fest
We don’t have many plans this weekend but will be hanging with some friends and hitting the beach (if the rain stays away) before bringing Gabe to camp on Sunday. What about you, any exciting getaways in your cards? Happy weekend!
July 4, 2014 0 Comments