Category — Holidays + Parties
Hurray for the weekend! I’m feeling a little low on the energy scale this week, you know that feeling when you’re moving in slow motion and start several tasks without finishing any? Yeah, that’s me. But the weekend is here so I’m hoping to reboot and recharge before jumping into several creative projects, both at the shop and at home. Speaking of creative, my Spruce Collective girls and I recently filmed our first YouTube video (totally out of our comfort zone, fyi!) and I thought you might enjoy a little look behind the scenes in addition to some other links I loved this week:
1. Our first YouTube video for Spruce Collective!:
2. Although our own basement renos have slowed to a snail’s pace, I still love living vicariously through other peoples renovation adventures. Can’t wait to see the end result of Sarah‘s home and here’s a glimpse at her DIY studio in the meantime:
3. Winter can be a little lonely, can’t it? Especially when temperatures drop, brrr! But I can’t think of a better way to come out of hibernation than with a communal dinner like this one, attended by Shannon Eileen and hosted by Aran Goyoaga of Cannelle Et Vanille:
4. A big kitchen reno is high on my wish list but isn’t remotely realistic at this point in time (wah!) but I’m hoping to come up with a few creative and budget friendly tweaks to make it at least a teeny bit happier. Loving the concrete counters and open shelves in this small Dutch kitchen:
5. I love a good motivational quote and absolutely love this DIY “wallpaper” by blogger Marij Hessel! So awesome and sooo easy too, my kind of project!
Off I go to attempt at least somewhat of a productive day, wish me luck :) And have yourself a fabulous weekend too!
February 28, 2014 4 Comments
Happy Valentine’s Day! Love is in the air, as is the smell of fresh cupcakes, chocolate treats + cinnamon hearts! How will you be spending the day? I’m off to a breakfast brunch for a dear friend, then to work before picking up my sugar-filled kiddos. We don’t usually go out on V-day evening but will likely order in and snuggle up for a movie or two. Some love-inspired goodies that caught my eye this week:
1. These giant Valentine’s posters are simply awesome! 5 great printables to choose from over at Oh Happy Day:
2. This Etsy shop, North West Mid West, has some adorable finds, like these birch arrows and much more:
3. These leather pouches are pretty darling, aren’t they?:
5. Everything feels more festive with banners and bunting, doesn’t it?:
Off I go to kick off the day with mimosas and French Toast with some girlfriends, shouldn’t every Friday start that way? Hope your weekend is full of love, friendship and only good things :)
February 14, 2014 2 Comments
I’m off like a shot today, finishing up some work at the store before doing the final prep for Sadie’s birthday party later this afternoon. But before I zip off, thank you so much for your encouraging comments and emails (and even a few in-person conversations) after my last post! Sounds like most of you can relate to being overwhelmed on the home front in some form or another and it was really great hearing about your own experiences, tips and advice for how to juggle family and work or, more importantly, when to realize you simply just can’t do it all. So true. I won’t be taking on any extra projects this weekend but if I were, I’d definitely try my hand at one of these Valentine’s-inspired DIY’s:
1. I love a good marquee letter sign and this one is so cute for V-Day, weddings or just about anywhere really:
2. There’s something especially lovely about the latest “naked” cake trend. Understated beauty is the best kind, isn’t it? I think so:
3. Speaking of beauty, Sunday Suppers is hosting a flower shop on Valentine’s Day (it’s in Brooklyn, NY) but I would love to learn how to make gorgeous “undone” bouquets like this one:
4. Oh, Emily Henderson. You, your style and your adorable baby have my heart (your husband’s ok, too ;) and this embossed pillow would be perfect for one of my girls’ bedrooms. How cute to make as a gift for friends:
5. I’ve got a minor thing for dishtowels these days, not super sure why, but I just ordered a tonne for the shop (shh, the invoice hasn’t arrived yet) and I don’t own any particularly nice ones of my own. So many would look great framed though and I think these DIY ones would be an especially thoughtful gift:
That’s all for now! Off I go but wish me luck entertaining nine 5-8 year-olds this afternoon (Advil and wine are ready) and have yourself a wonderful weekend! Stay warm :)
February 7, 2014 0 Comments
Hello there! I hope that you’ve been enjoying the holidays as much as I have! It’s been one party/gathering/cocktail/cheese cube after the other but with plenty of R&R in between so overall its been really great. We’re having a small group of friends come over (somewhat last minute but that’s how we roll!) to ring in the New Year tonight so I’ll have to rustle up some appies this afternoon before cracking open the bubbly. Do you have big plans? Here’s some sparkling inspiration to get the party started:
I’m taking the rest of the week off but couldn’t say goodbye to 2013 without wishing you all a very Happy New Year! See you in 2014, I have a feeling it’s going to be a BIG year! Cheers :)
December 31, 2013 1 Comment
I’m going to sign off for the Holidays but not without wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! We’ve got another packed weekend ahead of us starting with our Spruce partners/spouses party (our first, can you believe it!?), our annual progressive dinner with friends and their kiddos (my favourite tradition!) and our men’s shopping day at the shop (um, what man wouldn’t want to shop when there are fresh pretzels, beer tastings, hot shaves and friendly gals waiting to wrap gifts for you!). Not to mention my own party prep and still-not-started gift wrapping. So yes, I just might sleep through Christmas :)
I’m really looking forward to a few days off filled with baking and cuddles with the kids and then the Christmas circuit with each of our families. Hurray for Christmas! Here are 5 links to love this week and just a smattering of my favourite Holiday tunes:
- Miracles really do happen, I’ve seen them! Let’s all spread a little extra love this Season.
- I’ll be making this Caprese tart tomorrow night.
- These printable gift tags are perfect. Adding printer ink to my shopping list!
- So many pretty wrapping ideas here.
- Nothing to do with Christmas but this blog post about the mom/work/life juggle rocks!
Wishing you all the happiest of Holidays full of family, friends + lots of good cheer and I’ll be sure to check in before we start the New Year. Merry Christmas!
December 20, 2013 1 Comment